Dräger Alcotest 5510 (Formerly 6510)
The 1/4“-DrägerSensor with its optimized gas dynamics measures specifically alcohol. Even at high alcohol concentrations direct gaspaths, fast pneumatic components and short reaction times of the sensor ensure the measurement result will be displayed quickly. The very latest in electronics technology ensures that the instrument is ready for use in no time at all.
Thanks to its compact dimensions, the Dräger Alcotest 5510 even fits into a shirt pocket. The ergonomic design makes the instrument equally easy to use for right and left-handed people.
Safe and hygienic
The separation of the grip area and the mouthpiece automatically ensures a certain distance between the hand of the operator and the mouth of the person to be tested.
Low energy consumption
More than 1500 breath alcohol tests can be conducted on just two mignon batteries (AA size).
Automatic sampling and calibration processes make the instrument easy to use. All measurement functions are controlled via a single key, while menu navigation is by two menu keys. The special way the mouthpieces are designed means they can be fitted quickly and securely even in poor light conditions.
The latest 10 measurement results with their respective test numbers are stored in the datalogger. Individual results can be called up from the log by pressing the menu keys.
The shape of the mouthpiece means you will intuitively fit it correctly. An air outlet which cannot be obstructed prevents any manipulation when the breath sample is given. A spacer on the mouthpiece prevents the test subject's lips from coming into contact with the instrument's housing, and at the same time may be used as a mouthpiece ejector.
- Principle of measurement Electrochemical DrägerSensor in 1/4” technology; alcohol-specific
- Measurement range 0 to 2.5 mg/L; if measurement range limit is exceeded, a message is displayed
- Sampling Standard: automatic sampling when minimum volume is reached
- Passive sampling without mouthpiece or manual initiation of sampling possible
- Ready for use approx. 3 seconds after switching on
- Display of measurement result after approx. 3 seconds (at 0 mg/L); after approx. 10 s (at 0.5 mg/L, room temperature)
- Operating temperature -5 to +50 °C / 23 to 122 °F
- Humidity 10 to 100 %RH, non-condensing
- Ambient pressure 600 to 1,400 hPa / 17.7 to 41.3 inch Hg
- Display Graphic backlit LCD display; 41 mm x 24 mm / 1.6” x 0.9” (128 x 64 pixels)
- LED 3-colour, to support display and warning messages
- Audible signal Different signal tones to support display messages and warnings
- Datalogger Storage of last 10 tests with test numbers
- Power supply Two AA batteries. Charge status displayed
- approx. 1,500 breath tests can be performed on one set of batteries
- Mouthpiece adaption Slide’n’click mouthpiece attachment. Can be fitted for right or left orientation
- Mouthpiece Hygienically, individually packaged, with tamper-proof, non-obstructable air outlet,
- mouthpiece ejector and spacer between mouth and instrument housing
- Operating concept Measurement functions can be performed using just one key; menu navigation is via two menu keys
- Calibration Wet gas or dry gas calibration
- Housing Impact resistant ABS/PC
- Dimensions (H x W x D), weight Approx. 142 mm x 75 mm x 36 mm / 5.6" x 2.9" x 1.4", approx. 195 g / 0.5 lbs, incl. batteries
- Instrument configuration Direct menu-guided configuration of instrument settings (PIN required)
- No additional PC software needed
- Vibration and shock Conforms to EN 60068-2-6, EN 60068-2-29
- CE marking Directive 89/336/EC (electromagnetic compatibility)
- Norm EN 15964